Thanksgiving is coming. We have vegan recipes that you can use for your Thanksgiving celebration.
This is a vegan pumpkin pie. There are no eggs and regular milk added to the recipe.
Another great vegan / vegetarian recipe for Thanksgiving is: Holiday Nut Loaf – click here.
The 7 Secrets Cookbook author says:
“This is one of the easiest pie to make, and is just as foolproof as one made with milk and eggs. You will notice the absence of the usual cinnamon or pumpkin-pie spice. This is because we avoid the use of irritating spices…You’ll find the sweet, rich flavor of pumpkin with the delicate blend of maple and coriander delightful, and the spices won’t be missed.”
• 1 3/4 cups cooked pumpkin (15-ounce can)
• 1 can coconut milk (may use 2 cups soymilk)
• 1/2 cup pitted dates
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
• 1/2 teaspoon coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh pealed or dry ginger (optional)
TIP: Here are 2 lower fat options: Use 1/2 can coconut milk with 1/2 can of water or 2 cups soy or nut milk.
1. Blend all ingredients in the blender until smooth.
2. Pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake at 350º F for 1 hour.
~Recipe is from 7 Secrets Cookbook (page 86) by Neva and Jim Brackett. Cookbook is available at Amazon.com.